Our core values are the essential and enduring principles of Birch|REA and are integral to our success. These core values are unaffected by the trends of the day or changing market conditions.
We explicitly state our core values because we want them understood and practiced throughout the firm.
- We are relationship-based; we are not a transaction-based firm. Our clients are our friends and should be treated as such.
- We respect the individual, and believe that individuals who are treated with respect and given responsibility respond by giving their best.
- We require complete honesty and integrity in everything we do.
- We make commitments with care, and then live up to them. In all things, we do what we say we are going to do.
- Work is an important part of life, but it should also be fun. Being a good businessperson does not mean being stuffy and boring.
- We are frugal. We guard and conserve the company’s resources with the same vigilance that we would use to guard and conserve our own personal resources.
- We insist on giving our best effort in everything we undertake. Furthermore, we see a huge difference between “good mistakes” (best effort, bad result) and “bad mistakes” (sloppiness or lack of effort).
- Clarity in understanding our mission, our goals, and what we expect from each other is critical to our success.
- We are believers in the Golden Rule. In all our dealings we will strive to be friendly and courteous, as well as fair and compassionate.
- We feel a sense of urgency on any matter related to our clients. We solve problems, and we are always responsive. We are client-driven.
- Better ideas rule. We are not a “my way or the highway” type firm. We are open to new ideas from wherever the source to provide our clients with the best possible service.